Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NY Times: Bibimbap, Mexican Chocolate Pudding,

Today's NY Times Dining section has a recipe for Bibimbap, a traditional vegetable casserole on top of crispy rice. I'm not familiar with this dish, or Korean food in general, but it sounds quite good. I like one dish meals.

If this were anybody but Mark Bittman, I wouldn't trust it, but he has a recipe for vegan Mexican chocolate pudding, made with tofu. It looks very easy to make and I can't wait to try it. There's also a video of Bittman making the pudding. The recipe calls for a teaspoon of vanilla; in the video he says a quarter teaspoon. I think I'd be inclined to go with the latter, at least for starters.

Finally, there's an interesting article on the ubiquitous Sriracha hot sauce. It's made in Los Angeles. Who knew? The article includes a recipe for Sriracha Mayonnaise Sauce, although you probably don't really need a recipe. It's just mayo, sriracha, condensed milk and salt. I'm not so sure about the condensed milk...

No comments:

Post a Comment