Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette

This was inspired by the dressing on the Apple Glazed Parsnip Salad at Feast. I don't think that dressing had tahini in it, but I thought it might make a good base.

1-1/2 Tablespoons tahini
1/4 cup water
1 small garlic clove, minced
1-1/2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
Scant 1/2 Cup olive oil
salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste

In a blender, combine the tahini, water and garlic and process until throughly combined. Add the vinegar and mustard and process briefly until combined. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a stream. Correct the seasoning as necessary with salt, pepper and/or lemon juice. The first time I made this, I found the dressing a tad on the sweet side until I added the lemon. Hasn't been the case subsequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment